Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £20 million in grants in innovation projects. The aim of this competition is to support UK businesses to focus on emerging or increasing needs of society and industries during and following the Covid-19 pandemic.
An application must demonstrate both realistic and significant benefits for society (including communities, families and individuals) or an industry that has been severely impacted and/or permanently disrupted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
A claim can be for 100% of the project costs up to the maximum of £50,000. These will be paid in advance of the project start date.
The application must demonstrate:
- a clearly innovative and ambitious idea, which would realistically and significantly meet a societal need that has emerged or increased due to the Covid-19 pandemic or the need of an industry that has been severely impacted and/or permanently disrupted
- that the applicant has the capacity and capability to deliver the project successfully and on time during the working restrictions of Covid-19
- the ability to start the project no later than June 2020
- value for money
The Government is interested in solutions, which tackle the new or emerging societal or industry needs in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, including but not exclusively:
- community support services
- couriers and delivery (rural and/or city based)
- education and culture
- entertainment (live entertainment, music, etc.)
- financial services
- food manufacture and processing
- personal protection equipment
- remote working
- social care
- sport and recreation
The competition closes 12pm on 17th April 2020.
For further information click here.