The COVID-19 Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme will launch online on 26 May. The scheme enables employers with fewer than 250 employees to claim coronavirus-related Statutory Sick Pay (SSP). If we are your tax agent, we will be able to make claims on your behalf.
You are eligible to use the scheme if:
- you’re claiming for an employee who is eligible for sick pay due to COVID-19
- you had a PAYE payroll scheme in operation before 28 February 2020
- you had fewer than 250 employees across all PAYE schemes on 28 February 2020
The repayment will cover up to two weeks of the applicable rate of SSP, and is payable if a current or former employee was unable to work on or after 13 March 2020 and entitled to SSP, because they either:
- had COVID-19
- were self-isolating and unable to work from home
- were shielding because they were advised that they were at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19
For more information about eligibility and how to access the scheme click here.
As ever, if you have any queries please contact Jackie or Andrew.